Valentine's day is coming up and why not try a beautiful red lip for the occasion. But with all the choices out there, choosing the right color can be daunting.
The first lipstick I ever bought was Revlon Fire & Ice. I remember seeing my aunt wearing this striking color, it was gorgeous on her tan skin tone, but on my very fair skin, it was a little too bold for a 15 year old. Fast forward 20 years later, this classic red, launched in 1952, is now of my go to colors. I believe that everyone can wear red lipstick, the trick is to find the right shade and to follow these few tricks.
How to perfectly apply your lipstick:
- First off, start with an even base, no red lipstick will ever look good if you have some redness (acne, rosecea...). I use a light foundation or BB creme to even out my skin tone.
- Then, I like to use a clear wax lipliner around the lips to avoid bleeding. I use Makeup For Ever Lip Line Perfector
- Next, I use a matching lip liner starting with top of the lip, moving on from the outside corner to the centre and blending towards the middle.
- It's time to apply the lipstick. I apply it with a lip brush for a thinner application.
- When I'm done, I use a blush brush and powder all over my lips with a loose powder
- Last Step, I reapply a thin layer of lipstick all over.
If you prefer a more shiny texture, you can add a bit of gloss in the center, but make sure to remove the excess to prevent it fro going on your teeth.
I hope your will dare a red shade this Valentine's day and if you would like to share on instagram just hashtag #makeupzonemtlredlips
If you wish to have your products reviewed in this blog or would like to book me for makeup services please email me for an appointment or visit my website or facebook page.